Geomatics Yukon coordinates imagery purchases, storage, and distribution within the Yukon government. We also provide support to government groups for orthorectification, post-processing of imagery, and compiling ground control data.
- Aerial Photographs: Aerial photographs for selected areas in the Yukon dating from 1988 to 2014. Photographs in this collection were supplied by the City of Whitehorse, Natural Resources Canada and the Yukon government. All imagery in this collection is publicly available, and can be made available on request.
- Medium Resolution Satellites: All Yukon government medium and low resolution satellite imagery not included in the Yukon-wide mosaic products. The imagery spans from 1990 to 2015, with pixel sizes ranging from 1.5 m to 15 m. Much of the Yukon government Medium to Low Resolution imagery is licensed for internal use only. Landsat imagery is available for public use.
- High Resolution Satellites: This collection contains all Yukon government high resolution satellite imagery. The imagery spans from 2000 to 2014, with pixel sizes ranging from 50 cm to 1 m. This imagery was supplied by the Yukon government, and the Canadian Department of National Defense. All the images in this collection are licensed for internal use by the Yukon government.
The above imagery has been published in all Yukon government web mapping applications. Instructions for connecting to Yukon government image services in ArcGIS are described in the the Latest News feed on August 5, 2016 here.
- Yukon-wide Elevation Data: The Yukon government has 1:50,000 Canadian National Elevation Data for all of Yukon. This data was provided through the Natural Resources Canada's Canadian Digital Elevation Dataset. Elevation data is stored in geotiff format. Data is available by NTS 1:250,000 mapsheets.
- Stereo Satellite Digital Surface Models: Digital Surface Models generated using stereo satellite imagery for selected areas throughout the Yukon. Elevation data is available in geotiff format with pixel resolutions of 1.5m and 5m. These datasets provide non-bare earth elevations above sea level. The resolutions available are dependent on the satellites used. Footprints are available here:
- LiDAR Digital Surface Models: Digital Surface Models generated using lidar data for Yukon communities, roads, and selected locations are available in geotiff format with pixel resolutions of 1m. These datasets provide non-bare earth elevations above sea level.
- LiDAR Digital Terrain Models: Digital terrain models generated using lidar data for Yukon communities, roads and selected areas are available in geotiff format with pixel resolutions of 1m. These datasets provide bare earth elevations above sea level.
Please email Geomatics.Help@gov.yk.ca if you have any questions about Yukon government imagery, elevation data or the footprints provided in the links above.